UMap is an ActionScript 3.0 Mapping API, released by afcomponents. The free component allows you to create maps with interactive data layers. When I was playing around with it, it suddenly ocurred to me that you can combine this with WiiFlash.
So here is a video that demonstrates just that :-).
What you need to make this work is:
- a wii remote controller
- a nunchuck controller
- the wiiflash server and api
- a bluetooth enabled computer
The video shows a couple of things:
- using the wii remote minus and plus buttons to zoom out and in.
- using the wii remote up, down, left and right buttons to pan the map.
- using the nunchuck joystick as your mouse (with a custom mouse cursor), including a CLICK event.
- using the pitch and roll of the nunchuck, while holding the z button, to pan in an alternative way.
Source files: WiiFlash_UMap.zip
If you have a wiimote and nunchuck you can to try it online, here is the online version:
Make sure you download the latest WiiFlash server (0.4.1), because that one allows your wii controllers to send data to online swf's! It's a little buggy, so you may have to click Continue and then refresh the page once or a couple of times :-).
Download Windows version
Download Mac version (Alpha version, 30 Jun. 2008)